Year-long monthly online class with Christopher Penczak. Next course begins November 2017 with a registration deadline of October 2017.
In this year-long online class presented by the Temple of Witchcraft’s Sagittarius Ministry and teacher Christopher Penczak, go deeper into the soul and spirit world through the Turning of the Wheel of the Year. Examine specific mystical teachings involving the approach towards the Wheel found in the Temple of Witchcraft, yet adaptable and inspiring for your own personal practice and traditions. Learn more about the annual journey of the Goddess and God of the Wheel as they shift their forms from Mother and Child to Lovers, Monarchs, Sacrifice and Mourner and Hidden Ones. Work with some of the Sabbatic deities most often associated with the Holidays – Brid, Ostara, Bel, Lugh, Mabon, Modron, Morrighan and Dagda.
Survey how modern Neo-Pagan groups reclaim and modernize old lore, while delving into traditional folk customs. By Root, Stem, Leaf, Bud, Blossom, Flower, Fruit and Seed, rising from the ever present stillness of the Darkness and fluctuating Light, work with the sacred mysteries of the Earth Keepers. Learn the blessings of regeneration and rest, awakening and planning, work and play, reaping and release. Learn the spiritual ministerial codes associated with each holiday.
Expand your understanding of the two fold God, as Oak and Holly King, invoking the eightfold division of the four horned gods and the four agricultural gods. Work with the astrological patterns beneath the Wheel, and study ways how to celebrate alone or in groups through ritual, vision working, song, dance, season food and lore. Make potions and incense blends to help you celebrate and attune to the energies.
Explore the Straight Road of the sacred priest Kings and Queens from the Three Rays, responsible for the balance between the Heavens, Earth and Underworld, mediating the energies as the wheel turns. Hold the center and walk the spiral path as we turn the seasons to grow in power, love and wisdom. Become one with the lineage of the Earth Keeper ancestors.
- 12 Lessons (Eight Sabbat Lessons and Four Knowledge Lectures)
- Detailed Teachings in a Book of Shadows style format.
- 12 MP3 Live Recordings of Lecture, along with guided meditations of the teachings.
- Incense and Potion Recipes for Celebrating the Holidays
- Online Community Support via optional private Facebook group to share your experience and explorations
For a number of years, the Temple of Witchcraft has offered Sabbat Meditations in MP3 form with a seasonal donation to the Temple. These meditations were well loved by those who could not attend local sabbat celebrations in the flesh. Now, we seek to expand people’s experience and education with the Sabbats, going deeper into the Mystery of the Year.
A Temple of Witchcraft Red Ray continuing education program, counting as 12 CEUs for ordained ministers. Unlike degree mystery school courses, there is no mandatory homework to report, but a community sharing of ideas and experiences. Those ordained ministers seeking CEU accreditation will be asked to submit a paper on their experience at the end of the year. As fundamental ritual and trance skills are expected, and a basic knowledge of modern Witchcraft is necessary, including altars, elements, deities and potion craft, completion of Witchcraft II or higher recommended (materials and skills in The Outer Temple of Witchcraft) but not required if you have equivalent experience.
Cost: $175 for 12 Lessons plus a 13th bonus lesson
Unlike Temple Mystery School classes, no payment plans are available at this time.
Course Materials will be emailed directly to students, including PDF lesson and link to mp3 audio of lecture and meditation.
Community discussion will be held on a closed Facebook Group for Students of the Class Only. Students are not required to partake in the Class Discussion on Facebook, but no other forum for class discussion will be provided.
- Lesson One: November – Overview of Core Concepts: Myth, Ritual & Intention
- Lesson Two: December – Yule: Blessed Be The Light Has Come
- Lesson Three: January – Deities of the Wheel: Traditional Gods and a New Mythos
- Lesson Four: February – Imbolc: Fire in the Belly
- Lesson Five: March – Ostara: Coming of the Dawn
- Lesson Six: April – The Sovereign’s Path of the Red Ray: Opening the Gates
- Lesson Seven: May – Beltane: Summer is Coming In
- Lesson Eight: June – Litha: If We Shadows Have Offended
- Lesson Nine: July – Sacred Calenders: Earth, Sun and Stars
- Lesson Ten: August – Lammas: The King is Dead, All Hail the King
- Lesson Eleven: Sept – Mabon: Have you heard of Mabon, the Son of Modron?
- Lesson Twelve: October – Samhain: What is Remembered Lives
If you have questions about the class, please email email@example.com.